Bouwbeschrijving Stuart V10

De nieuwste berichten Forums Stoom algemeen Werkplaatstechniek Bouwbeschrijving Stuart V10

8 berichten aan het bekijken - 1 tot 8 (van in totaal 9)
  • Auteur

Als beginner overweeg ik een Stuart V 19 van gietstukken te bouwen om ervaring op te doen. Ik heb daartoe het boekje “Building a vertical steamengine from castings” gekocht bij TEE publishing. De foto’s echter zijn dermate contrastarm dat, voor een beginners belangrijke, details
    nauwelijks te onderscheiden zijn. Mijn klacht bij TEE publishing werd niet serieus genomen. Kan iemand mij helpen aan een goed examplaar?
    Bijvorbaat dank, Ed Pol

Foden
    Deelnemer

Hallo Ed,
    Ik heb nog een oude kopie liggen:
    “The Stuart No.10, 10H, Double 10 & Score Syeam Engines (Machining Drawings and assembly details.)
    Ik weet niet of je dat bedoelt; dan kan ik je wel een gescande kopie mailen als je dat wil.
    Groeten,
    Foden.

Ha Foden.
    Dank voor je bericht en excuses voor late reactie. De titel van de documentatie is veelbelovend! Ik zou een scan zeer op prijs stellen. Mijn emailadres luidt: ed_pol@hotmail.com

Groet,
    Ed Pol

skylarc
    Deelnemer

Hi Ed, My Nederlands is not good but I have the book and also the D10 engine. IF you can put your question in englishI will try to help. Noel.

Hi Noel,
    Thanks for your reply and my apologies for late answer. As a beginner I would like to start building a Stuart V 10 from castings. For study purposes I bought the book “Building a vertical steamengine from castings” form TEE publishers. The pictures in the book however have very little contrast (look like bad copies)so, to me important details cannot be seen properly. My complaint to TEE publishing was not taken seriously (…)so I wondered if there was any other way to purchase a good example. I just bought my first lathe, a Myford ML 10.So it is getting serious business !

Regards , Ed

skylarc
    Deelnemer

Hi Ed, so pleased to see your reply. The photographs in my copy of the book are usable though not crystal clear. Is it the drawings or the photos you need ? I can copy the drawings and send them to you or I can take pictures of my Double 10 with reversing gear. The Myford ML10 is a good machine, I have a Myford super 7. I know the people who own Stuart Models and have worked in their foundry. Do you have the castings, or will you buy a complete kit of parts ? I may be able to help with some small parts I have spare.
    I also know the owners of Tee publishing well, I will see what I can do for you ! I have sent an Email though not sure I got your address right. Where are you in the Netherlands ? I am on the coast of eastern England.
    Best wishes for now Noel

Hi Noel,
    I was thinking to buy a complete set of 10V castings. Together with proper documentation it seems to me an ideal start to learn machining while working on a very nice steam engine. However some people advised not to buy a kit because if a part is ruined during the proces, which in my case seems realistic, it takes a lot of trouble and time to get new parts. Unknown availability and custom procedures causing slow delivery from the UK. However, the book TEE sold me is just what I need but the all important pictures are very bad. This is the email conversation with TEE and the scan from a page I sent them.

RE: Book Building a vertical steam engine from castings

U hebt geantwoord op Ma 23-10-2023 12:53
    U hebt geantwoord op Ma 23-10-2023 12:53
    TP
    Tee Publishing


    Aan:​
    U

Ma 23-10-2023 12:48
    Hi Ed

Thank you for the pictures, they are exactly the same as what are in the books we have in stock, this is actually a very popular book and we haven’t had any complaints before regarding the clarity of the pictures.

Thanks

Kind Regards

TEE Publishing Ltd

The Fosse, Fosse Way, Radford Semele

Leamington Spa, Warwickshire, CV31 1XN

T: 01926 614101

W: http://www.teepublishing.co.uk

Sent on behalf of TEE Publishing Ltd

This email and any attachments are confidential and intended for the addressee only. If you are not the named recipient, you must not disclose, reproduce, copy or distribute the contents of this communication. If you have received this in error, please contact the sender and then delete from your system.

Sent: Monday, October 23, 2023 1:00 PM
    To: Tee Publishing <info@teepublishing.co.uk>
    Subject: Re: Book Building a vertical steam engine from castings

Hi,

Please see attached photo. This is the case from the beginning to the end of the book. Not just one fault.

Met vriendelijke groet / kind regards,

Ed Pol

Mobile +31613138580

Van: Tee Publishing <info@teepublishing.co.uk>
    Verzonden: Monday, October 23, 2023 10:30:10 AM
    Aan: Ed Pol <ed_pol@hotmail.com>
    Onderwerp: RE: Book Building a vertical steam engine from castings

Hi Ed

Thank you for your email, do you have an example of one of the pictures you could send me please. I have looked through one of the books we have here, and although the pictures aren’t 2023 perfect quality photos, I am able to see the pictures.

It may be that you had a bad copy so if you could send a picture then I can identify whether it would be the same if we sent another book out

Thanks

Kind Regards

TEE Publishing Ltd

The Fosse, Fosse Way, Radford Semele

Leamington Spa, Warwickshire, CV31 1XN

T: 01926 614101

W: http://www.teepublishing.co.uk

Sent on behalf of TEE Publishing Ltd

This email and any attachments are confidential and intended for the addressee only. If you are not the named recipient, you must not disclose, reproduce, copy or distribute the contents of this communication. If you have received this in error, please contact the sender and then delete from your system.

Sent: Saturday, October 21, 2023 2:01 PM
    To: Tee Publishing <info@teepublishing.co.uk>
    Subject: Book Building a vertical steam engine from castings

Dear Sirs,

I recently received above mentioned book. I am wondering whether I received a misprint. The photo’s, which are very important for understanding the specific use of the lathe, have very little contrast. Would very much appreciate a good example.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Ed Pol

Mobiel: 0613138580

Just saw the attached photo file is too large. I will try to send it to you by email. If I compress the file it does not reperesent the real quality but even worse.

8 berichten aan het bekijken - 1 tot 8 (van in totaal 9)
  • Je moet ingelogd zijn om een antwoord op dit onderwerp te kunnen geven.
Scroll naar boven