Bouwbeschrijving Stuart V10

De nieuwste berichten Forums Stoom algemeen Werkplaatstechniek Bouwbeschrijving Stuart V10

9 bericht aan het bekijken (van in totaal 9)
  • Auteur
    skylarc
    Deelnemer

Hi Ed, I have sent you an Email. but I will continue here ! The pictures in the book indicate that you will need a 3jaw self centring and 4jaw indipendent chucks and a face plate. Many show the use of a Dickson type tool post but this is not vital, a simple or 4way tool post would be fine. The top picture on P29 is a complicated set up using a vertical slide and small vice, it could be done other ways ! The lathe being used is an early myford Super 7. Buying a set of castings should give you all you need and IF you make a mistake some parts are ordinary materials you could get in the Netherlands easily IF it was a casting the V10 is a very popular model and spare castings should be readily available, so I would buy the kit ! A drilling machine and a bench grinder would be useful and I would use tool steel for your cutters, they can easily be reground/sharpened,you will need a small boring bar. Tungsten carbide cutters are expensive and OK for a big industrial machines but of less benefit in a small lathe. I hope this will help. Best wishes Noel.
    PS some of the terms are technical, if you need more information tell me.

9 bericht aan het bekijken (van in totaal 9)
  • Je moet ingelogd zijn om een antwoord op dit onderwerp te kunnen geven.
Scroll naar boven